tag

Inspiration for the working mom

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The evolution of the weekly “Crepe Breakfast”

Prep time: Minimal
Activity time: 10 mins

I’m starting to hit my groove with the weekly family breakfast.   My secret weapon: pancake mix (I’ve been very happy with the Target/Market Pantry brand of pancake and waffle mixes).  Now we measure out 1 cup of mix and 2/3 cup water (which gives both Zach and Elijah to add something to the mixing bowl), stir for 15 seconds, and have pancakes 5-10 minutes later. While this may be far less romantic than the crepes-from-scratch breakfast of yore, we’re all eating within minutes, and I’ve been able to broaden my pancake repertoire from circles, to circle-based-cartoon-characters.








Another fun twist that we’ve added in recent weeks: chocolate syrup painting

 
and tasting!



Bon appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment